Thursday, January 31, 2008

Quickie


Apologies for post-less-ness. It's been and is still being quite the busy week. Here's what's up:

I went to see Super Furry Animals/Fiery Furnaces/Holy Fuck at the Variety last night. Will write more in a couple days. For now, let me just say that the Power Rangers helmet was plenty enough entertainment for me. Especially when (and forgive me if anyone who's seen Super Furry Animals before knew this was coming) he put the microphone up to the mesh eye/visor area rather than the solid plastic mouth area so sound would actually get through. Funny.

Otherwise, this is why I haven't been posting:

Vampire Weekend tours behind long-awaited album

Paul Simon to share stage with David Byrne, Grizzly Bear

Beyonce to play Etta James in Cadillac Records

Luke Temple to release collectable 7-inch, play SXSW


Also maybe I've been busy because of this. Or this.

3 comments:

theleila said...

ah, love those welsh lads! was sorry to miss the show, but it's aight since i've seen super furry animals many a time now. see ya soon!

Ben Grad said...

I think my favorite of the show was Fiery Furnaces - to tell you the truth, I skipped out on the last half of SFA's set.

Julia R said...

Yeah, the Fiery Furnaces were really impressive. I left before SFA's encore. It was a Wednesday night...I was tired :)