Thursday, May 1, 2008

Hooray Wolf Parade!

You know who rarely steers me wrong? Sub Pop. Hence their spot in the "Crushworthy Record Labels" list (see right). I like a good 75% of what they put out. That's decent. Kinda makes me wish I lived in the Pacific Northwest, being as they're throwing themselves a big 20th birthday party this year, in the form of a music festival that I really wish I could go to.

The most recent audio home run they've battered against my eardrums of late arrives as none other than Montreal's Wolf Parade. That song "Call It A Ritual" is seriously haunting me right now, and I recommend you let it haunt you, too. It's from their forthcoming album, which was originally to be called Kissing The Beehive, but will now be called At Mount Zoomer due to a copyright issue. Which is cool, I guess. Hits June 17th. Rejoice!

This picture's not of Wolf Parade. It's an ad for a Wolf Parade t-shirt. I just think it's hilarious.

Here's an MP3 from their Sub Pop website, being as I'm, uh, not allowed to share the version I've got...or whatever....
[MP3] Wolf Parade - "Call It A Ritual"

Enjoy. The song also holds a spot on the recent Sub Pop sampler, that so many of us received free on Record Store Day.

As if that wasn't enough, they're coming. To Atlanta. In July! (The 28th, to be precise.) Rich tells us all the tour dates, and his readers tell us how to buy tickets. I don't know about y'all, but I'll be there with bells on.

No comments: