Wednesday, May 14, 2008

An all-call for the anthemic

Everybody remember this little song?



So do I. And I miss it.

I don't mean that I can't just listen to Band of Horses any old time I want. Of course I can. We all can. What I mean is that I haven't encountered anything recently that feels like that did when I first heard it. I want some new anthemic music, songs that are sweeping and epic....or whatever.

I've been listening to a lot of people like Wolf Parade and Josh Preston and Man Man lately. I need to switch gears. Any suggestions?

Utilize comments section!

5 comments:

Amy said...

What do you think of the new Death Cab?

c.alexander said...

andrew wk!

Anonymous said...

Mogwai's Mr. Beast?

Julia R said...

Amy, haven't actually had a chance to listen to it all the way through yet. I'll let you know when I do.

Thanks for the suggestions, y'all! I'm gonna get on it!

Nuçi's Space said...

Some suggestions that you probably already know, but just in case:
- The new Hope For agoldensummer "Ariadne Thread"
- Clem Snide
- Black Keys
- Why? (Oakland, CA)