Sunday, February 1, 2009

FOAVOD: Animal Collective - "My Girls"

Hooray!



I cannot get this song out of my head. What I find most interesting about the video, though, is not the psychedelia. I mean, sure, it's cool when their silhouettes start dripping, I guess...I'm just more fascinated by watching how they're making the music. I like seeing what buttons they have to press to produce those noises. There's been a lot of talk about how what's remarkable about AC is the way they use synthetic sounds to produce organic music. I don't know if that's a catch phrase someone made up once and was very proud of, but it seems to be true...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, you damn kids and your Animal Collectives. Get off my lawn!

Julia R said...

You just wish you were as "with it" as we are.